Days of the Week
This is a simple game to practice days of the week in English. The game has text and audio for days of the week and has sentences for context.
The first screen shows the days in order and allows students to click and listen to each in turn. The game then has 3 parts. In the first part, you are presented with the days in a jumbled order and have to re-arrange them correctly. In the second part you have to read or listen to the text and then move the images to the correct day. In the third part, you have to look at the image and then click on the words to make sentences.
Note that in this game Monday is used as the first day of the week. Many countries use Sunday, but I think the majority use Monday and so that is what I went with.
This game does not aim to teach the concept of days and what the days of the week are; rather, it is expected that a teacher would do that in class. The aim of this game is simply to practice and reinforce the language.
There is also a review screen that you can use to view all the language used in the game. Listed below are all the sentences used.
- On Monday I listen to music.
- On Tuesday I call my friend.
- On Wednesday I do homework.
- On Thursday I wash my hair.
- On Friday I drink tea.
- On Saturday I eat ice cream.
- On Sunday I play tennis.
- On Monday he washes his car.
- On Tuesday he plays basketball.
- On Wednesday he rides his bike.
- On Thursday he plays video games.
- On Friday he eats popcorn.
- On Saturday he has a barbecue.
- On Sunday he fixes his computer.
- On Monday she has an online meeting.
- On Tuesday she paints pictures.
- On Wednesday she goes running.
- On Thursday she uses a telescope.
- On Friday she has her finger nails painted.
- On Saturday she goes ice skating.
- On Sunday she chats on her phone.
- On Monday I browse the Internet.
- On Tuesday I play on my phone.
- On Wednesday I go shopping.
- On Thursday I work in a coffee shop.
- On Friday I make a sandwich.
- On Saturday I climb mountains.
- On Sunday I play cards.
- On Monday we share a pizza with friends.
- On Tuesday we have a cooking class.
- On Wednesday we watch TV.
- On Thursday we sing karaoke.
- On Friday we do science experiments.
- On Saturday we get a coffee.
- On Sunday we hang out with friends.
- On Monday they play football.
- On Tuesday they play board games.
- On Wednesday they tidy up.
- On Thursday they join a book club.
- On Friday they walk in the countryside.
- On Saturday they study Spanish.
- On Sunday they have dinner.
Email me with any comments or feedback. You can use the contact page or just add a comment below
Finish. I like the game.
The game is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Do this activity please to reinforce the theme